Well, I've managed to finish the project.
Of course, I have to give a little background. A few months ago, we had an enormous tree cut down and as a special gift, the tree men left the big trunk cut up into pieces. How lucky was I? Didn't they just charge you less since they didn't haul it off? Yes, Mr. buzzkill. I prefer to think of it as a present for the mind because it takes mental fortitude to come up with ways to actually use these enormous hulks of wood.
|See ginormous wood in upper left corner. |
And yes, I took this photo through a window 2 minutes ago.
So Ryan leveled off the stump and we set to work.
After 2 cans of primer, the stump appeared ready for the good stuff.
I decided the world had had enough to white, so I went a muted turquoise. Katie actually picked it out.
I love how the cut end soaked up the paint in such an interesting pattern. It has many coats of paint and yet isn't uniform at all. Since uniformity is for the birds, I adore the way this looks.
Speaking of the birds (and their poop), I have to figure out how to get it inside. The bugger is heavy. Not holding-a-30-lb-toddler-for-2-hours heavy. But break your back heavy-as-lead.
So for now, it shall remain outside while I guard it with my pellet gun. It'll give me plenty of time to ponder what to do with the dozen remaining wood chunks.